United Way – Serving the Community
Who We Are: The United Way of St. Francois County is made up of people who give what they can, when they can, to make a difference in the lives of our neighbors. For some, it’s a donation through payroll deduction. For others, it’s a gift given through the holiday wishing wells. For other supporters, it’s a check written once a year.
For many it’s a gift through a fundraiser event to benefit United Way. There are those who Dine Out for United Way, business owners who give corporate gifts to United Way, and others who give through memorial gifts or legacy gifts.
No gift is too small. Every individual’s contribution goes toward the grants the United Way pledges to give each year to agencies in St. Francois County that help people in need.
The United Way is governed by a board of directors. This year, that board is led by Peggy Ropelle, retired from Mineral Area Collage, who serves as president of the United Way of St. Francois County. Other officers are Kathy Dziewa of Long John Silvers, who is United Way’s vice president; and Sue Evans, First State Financial Management, is treasurer. The secretary is Kerry Glore, St. Francois County Clerk.
What We Do: The basic mission of United Way of St. Francois County, as stated in our by-laws, is to provide funding and support to nonprofit groups to help meet the most basic human needs of food, shelter, health, educational and social welfare services in St. Francois County.
Who We Fund: The United Way of St. Francois County annually funds roughly two dozen agencies in St. Francois County that meet basic human needs. The goal is to provide these agencies with a total of $180,000 in grants.
- Bismarck Church of God
- Bismarck Senior Center
- BJC Behavioral Health/Friends in Action
- Bonne Terre Food Pantry
- Bonne Terre Senior Center
- Central R3 Caring Communities
- Children Advocacy Center
- Desloge House of Praise food Pantry
- East Missouri Action Agency
- Elvin’s Food Pantry
- Farmington Caring Communities
- Farmington Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry
- Farmington Senior Center
- Habitat for Humanity of St. Francois County
- Helping Hands of Southeast Missouri Mental Health Center
- Immaculate Conception Food Pantry/St. Vincent De Paul
- Life Center for Independent Living
- Meals on Wheels for Special Diets
- Park Hills Senior Center
- Parkland Foster Adopt Families
- Parkland Pregnancy Resource Center
- Salvation Army (Serving SFC)
- SEMO Family Violence Council
- Shared Blessings Homeless Shelter
- St. Francois County Community Partnership
- St. Francois County Health Center
- St. Francois County Mental Health Board
- Upward Smiles, Inc.
- Visions of Hope
- West County Caring Communities